A Guide To Connecting Third-party Apps To Microsoft 365
Microsoft 365, a comprehensive suite of office applications, offers capabilities for integrating various third-party applications – a huge benefit for many businesses who want to streamline their operations.
In this guide, we will share the benefits of integrating MS 365 with third-party apps, the best apps to integrate with, and how to complete the integration.
Benefits Of Integrating Microsoft 365 With Third-Party Apps
Integrating third-party apps with Microsoft 365 can transform how businesses operate.
In our experience, the key benefits are:
- Improved Efficiency: Integration allows for the automation of routine tasks, reducing the time and effort required for manual data entry and cross-application work.
- Enhanced Collaboration: When apps are integrated, teams can collaborate more effectively. For instance, a project management tool integrated with Microsoft Teams can facilitate better communication and task tracking.
- Data Centralisation: Integration leads to a centralised system for data storage and access, reducing the risk of data discrepancies across different platforms.
- Scalability: As business needs evolve, these integrations can be scaled up or down, providing flexibility and adaptability to changing business landscapes.
- Cost-Effectiveness: By optimising workflows and reducing the need for multiple separate tools, businesses can achieve cost savings in the long term.
The Best Apps To Integrate With Microsoft 365
Choosing the right third-party apps for integration depends on your business needs.
However, some universally beneficial integrations (and some of our favourites) include:
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Tools: Apps like Salesforce and HubSpot CRM, when integrated with Microsoft 365, can enhance customer management efficiency.
- Project Management Software: Tools such as Trello and Asana can be integrated for better project tracking and team collaboration.
- Financial Software: Accounting tools like QuickBooks or Xero integrated with Excel and Outlook can streamline financial processes.
- Communication Tools: Slack’s integration with Microsoft 365 can improve inter-team communication for those who use Slack (though Teams is a better option).
Preparing For Integration
Integration Best Practices
Navigating Integration Challenges
Long-Term Management Of Integrations
Our Final Word
Properly integrating third-party apps with Microsoft 365 can substantially benefit business operations.
We hope you’ve found our outlined steps and practices helpful – following these can ensure a successful extension of Microsoft 365’s capabilities, maximising business technology investments.
Want to talk more about Microsoft 365 and what it can do for your business? Get in touch.
Further Reading: How To Integrate MS Teams With SharePoint.